ge furnac 90 software

bbseay

Does anyone have ge furnac 90 software I can buy cheap? I have a customer that needs a timer changed in the program and no one except myself is available to change it. It has no interface so I need the software and cable to change the value. Thanks in advance.

Billy Seay
Knoxville, TN

GE Fanuc Software

Go to your nearest GE Fanuc distributor, buy a cable for ~$150.00 +/- and get a demo CD for Cimplicity ME or VersaPro software. This demo will run with no restrictions for four days.

Your VersaPro Demo disk will have LogicMaster on it that you can install and run as long as you want if they're still doing that. Mine did. You can use it with the 90/30 or 90/Micro just not the 90/70.

You didn't mention which 90 you are using, but the cable is 9 pin to 9 pin cable (null modem?) with a RS232 to RS422 converter on the end.

As for Versa Pro, be forewarned that once you convert your program to VP, you cannot go back to the older LM 90 software. Be careful.

John

Cable for GE Fanuc Series 90

The cable is NOT nul modem it is straight through.
or:

Code:
	      GE Fanuc 90-30 Direct Cable
        9 pin-F			      15 pin-M
	 Rd 2 --------------------------- 12  SD+(B)
	 Td 3 --------------------------- 10  RD+(B')
    Sig.Gnd. 5 --------------------------- 7   SG
         RTS 7 ---|                  |---  6   RTS+(B)
         CTS 8 ---|                  |--- 15   CTS+(B')

DTR 4 ---|                  |---  8   CTS-(A')
         DSR 6 ---|                  |--- 14   RTS-(A)

(A)= - (B)= +
					(A'),(B')= INPUT
					(A),(B)= OUTPUT
This is not supported by GE Fanuc but does work with most SNP 15 pin ports, the only exception I know of is the old S90 Micro.

Last edited:
Re: Cable for GE Fanuc Series 90

RussB said:
The cable is NOT nul modem it is straight through.
or:

Code:
	      GE Fanuc 90-30 Direct Cable
        9 pin-F			      15 pin-M
	 Rd 2 --------------------------- 12  SD+(B)
	 Td 3 --------------------------- 10  RD+(B')
    Sig.Gnd. 5 --------------------------- 7   SG
         RTS 7 ---|                  |---  6   RTS+(B)
         CTS 8 ---|                  |--- 15   CTS+(B')

DTR 4 ---|                  |---  8   CTS-(A')
         DSR 6 ---|                  |--- 14   RTS-(A)

(A)= - (B)= +
					(A'),(B')= INPUT
					(A),(B)= OUTPUT
This is not supported by GE Fanuc but does work with most SNP 15 pin ports, the only exception I know of is the old S90 Micro.

Thanks, wasn't sure (hence the "?"), I had heard about the direct cable that you show but have never tried it out. According to my partner, it should work on any newer PC.

John