Converting *.MED application to a SE Station application

plclow

We have a Panel View Plus HMI installed in the field for local control; however we would like to move the control to Central Control Room (CCR) where operators can have easy access to this application. In order to do this, we have bought Factory Talk View Studio and Factory Talk View Station licenses. These software are installed on a standalone computer which will be residing in the CCR providing control to operators.

Can we convert the Panel View Application (.MED file) into Factory Talk View SE Station application so that it can be run on a standalone workstation to provide operators the local HMI access? What are the other ways of creating this project? I don’t want to start from scratch as .MED file is already available.

So far I tried to create a new application in Factory Talk SE Studio (View Site Edition (Local Station) by using the following steps:
1) Create a new file as application type View Site Edition (Local Station).
2) Under new tab, type the application name and then clicking the import button.
3) From import file wizard, selecting “Factory Talk View Machine Edition Project (*.med)”
4) Select the .med file by browsing to the correct directory
5) FT View Studio import the file into the new application.

However, what I noticed the graphics in the imported project are still Panel View Plus size. I was under the impression that it will change the graphics to full 21’’ screen display. Do I have to manually resize each and every graphic? What about the tag database which is also imported from the original .MED application?

I would really appreciate your assistance if you could guide me in the right direction.

Hi guys, I would really appreciate if someone has gone through this type of conversion before. I really need to get this sorted out quickly. So will appreciate your help in this regard.

plclow, you can change your FTV project graphics resolution in the <Project Settings> under the <System> folder.
This will be a global change affecting all your displays.

WARNING: It will be wise to make a project backup before doing this change.

Do the operators do the actual programing?

If you just moving the HMI then move it and its cable to the new location and plug it in and run the current application that is in it.

plclow, you can change your FTV project graphics resolution in the <Project Settings> under the <System> folder.
This will be a global change affecting all your displays.

WARNING: It will be wise to make a project backup before doing this change.

Thx a lot KuulKuum, really appreciate this. Will try it today and feed you back. What about the other parameters like face plates, num pad etc.? Does SE application has similar parameters or do I have to change them?
Thanks in advance!

Okay, I figured out how to convert ME application to SE application. I just created a new SE project and then import the ME project into it. However, how can I convert the displays size to SE compatible? Is there a possibility to do so or i have to manually resize or recreate all the displays? Appreciate any feedback?

It seems like the problem I am facing is either not a problem or a big of a problem that nobody has any solution to:(

I have tried to create a new Project (type SE Local) in the Studio and then tried to import the *.MED file into the new project. FT View studio did create a new project however when I open my displays; they are the same size as it was in PVP application. How can I resize all these displays so that they can fit into PC monitor screen (21 inch displays)? Any help or guidance will be appreciated in this regard.