ERROR - Address must be specified to the bit level

I understand that. For the DI and DO, I'm using bits. But for the AI and AO, I need to use words.

I just don't understand why I'm receiving an error when pointing to a word with an integer data file.

I need words though for the data I'm trying to transfer/display.

The example you gave in your first post can only deal with Addresses specified to the Bit level. i.e. N30:0/1. This can only represent 0 or 1. You need to use Instructions that deal with Words. Like this;

Stu....

Int.jpg

Similar Topics

I am using a subtraction function in rslogix 500 pro. It is giving me the error in the title. I have Source A: C5:0 and Source B: C5:1. I can't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am very much a novice when it comes to PLC's I have only ever had to change the IP address on them, and go off notes left by a previous...
Replies
Views
I need help with vijeo citect 7.4 as I use Modbus TCPIP to get the data, it turns out the address is having error.. For example, when I write...
Replies
Views
CPU: 5069-L330ER v32 HMI: PV+7 10" v11 Every time the customer powers off the machine and re-applies power, the HMI gets stuck on Starting...
Replies
Views
Hi, All! I am very new to PLCs and I am currently writing ladder logic for an Allen bradley MLX1200. I have a number of inputs which i have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom