Migration from micrologix 1500 to compactlogix 1769 l36erm

Boxy

Hi guys,

I have taken on a project to migrate a ML1500 project to a CompactLogix L36ERM.

I have tried using the RSLogix Project Migrator and although the code comes across fine, the IO does not. On top of the IO on the 1500 (which I will be adding a IQ16 and an OB16 to replace) I have 4xIQ32, 4xOW16, 4xIF8, 2xOF8C and an IF8XOF2 expansion cards that are almost all full. Hence the L36 - just to support that many cards.

This is way too much IO to individually fiddle with. During the migration process, in Step5, I am asked what to do with the IO. I select "Replace all I/O with equivalent newer models" however every module only allows me to select "Create placeholder tag(s)" in the dropdown next to the modules. I expect this for the ML1500 IO but not all the expansion cards.
Am I doing something wrong or should the 1769-modules show up next to the existing modules?

step5.JPG

Thanks tarik1978,
Yes I have and have followed them correctly I believe, when I convert other projects that are either SLC or ML1400 they give me IO options in the dropdown fields. However for the ML1500 when I don't need to swap the cards (Bulletin 1769 expansion cards are used on the ML1500) it doesn't allow me to select the identical card.
Is there a hardware pack/update for project migration tool I might be missing?
Has anyone else had an issue converting a ML1500 to a CompactLogix and keeping the IO the same?