AB Ethernet I/P Target help

drno

I am attempting to setup a Cyclic I/O Ethernet I/P connection between an Automation Direct P3000 and AB Control logix PLC. I need the P3000 to be the originator in this instance and the AB PLC to be the target.

I have a DINT in the AB PLC for testing purposes and configured it as a produced tag. I have done produce/consume before between all AB products without any problems, but I am struggling to find any documentation on the AB side of things as to what the Ethernet I/P connection point is for this produced tag so I can setup the P3000 PLC (which requires this connection point).

Anyone able to point me in the right direction or at some documentation as to where or how I get this connection point information?

Thanks

Last I checked ab plcs do not support eip class 1 slave functionality. Can you reverse direction, have an scan the other device?

To consume a tag, that requires support on the P3000 device. Can you import an EDS file? I know consuming a tag is possible on Schneider Electric platforms by importing the EDS file.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Robert,

The Ethernet I/P functionality of the P3000 does not utilize .eds files unfortunately. As you already mentioned I may need to setup the AB as the originator instead but this wont "fit" with the overall system architecture very well.

Regards

Have you looked at the Automation.com web site? They have some videos that talk about using Explicit Ethernet/IP I/O Messaging. They even have one that shows how to talk to a Allen Bradley PowerFlex drive. These videos may help you get started.

The tech support line at AD is often overlooked. The few times that I have had to reach out to them, they were always very knowledgeable about their products.