Last Rung

Think I see the light!

HELLO FROM ROOKIE1

After reading through these and other replys, I beleive I am seeing the whole picture. The "END" function simply tells the plc to begin a new scan.

I did as Allen requsted and wrote out my sequence of events.I now see that my NO x5 contact in rung 6 did nothing, and thus have removed it.
Also I put a NO ct0 in Rung#4 so parts cannot be fed until count has been reached.

This is how I believe this will function.

With no inputs:
Y0 will energize becuase of NC c0
y0 is a mechanical feed stop as not to let parts
pass by the photoeye(x0)

Set count & press start:

Start (x3) will open y0 and allow parts to pass by x0
until count is reached closing ct0 and again closing y0
stopping the parts.

At this point nothing should happen until x1 is depressed:
With the NO c0 already closed, x1(a momentary switch
pressed by the operator)is pressed energizing y1(allows
parts to exit) and starts TMR (1/2 sec on-delay) then
t0 closes energizing y2 (pneumatic cylinder with parts
feeder)then x5 my counter reset is closed (this is a reed
switch attached to the cylinder at full stroke)Once x1 is
released we start over with the same count we earlier set.

I apologize to Terry Woods as I did not mean to assume you or anyone else was cold-hearted or uncaring, rather I was quite nervous about posting something so new to me. :D

Well, I hope I have a better understanding now.Thank-you

ROOKIE1 (A new pidgeon)

You'll do fine, Rookie-san!

Just get yerself a little bit a thicker skin and don't be afraid of us Big Bad Wolves! (Lamb skin would be nice!)