Omron => Siemens

Prince

One of my customers asked me to change his OMRON CQM1-H PLCs with a SIEMENS during a seasonal shut down ( Do not ask why he himself is not very aware but a hidden sense tells him when all the plcs in a line are the same they work better)

The whole system includes 2 OMRON PlC connected through send/recieve commnication, one of them is equipped with a bus system for its operator panel and lubrication system.The system also have 4 reporting encoders 2 AO for drive speed manipulation , 96DO + 72DI
and an RS232 display. He is interested to use a S5 family PLC if it is possible.

I am asking the experts if they have any comment about using S5 in this project, and if they agree with me in using S7-300 family kindly help me in cpu selection.

Any other comments about the project would happily be welcomed.

Boy!!!!!!! What a backward step!!!!!! I hate Siemens but find you either love em or hate em.

We all hate one or another brand of PLC but personally I think S7 range are great just hate paying seimens for the software but you can't get away from that.

If I were you go with the S7 we have just thrown away 15 S5 systems as they are old hat and the bosses is worried about contiued avaliability of parts