ML1200 scan times

chriswarrn

I have an application where I need to be especially careful on minimizing my scan times.
I wrote a program (uploaded as Oven Oilers.rss --- THANKS PHIL! --- ) that oils 4 separate chains (6 inch pitch) that run through a large oven. This oil is over $100/gal. so I have to be VERY careful to only use the absolute minimum to sufficiently oil the chain. I use proximity switches and various timers and counters to measure the FPM (20 FPM min.; 120 FPM max) and adjust the timing of the oiler to insure that the oil is applied exactly where it's needed. The pulse that turns on the oil solenoids must be controllable and be 10 milliseconds or less.

I am VERY inexperienced in programming although with 20+ years of maintenance experience I have worked on a lot of different types of equipment, but the programming methods I use are truly brute force.

My question is this: “Is there a better method then the one I used in the above-mentioned program to minimize scan times to insure that the oil pulse gets where I need it exactly when I need it?”

I realize that I am asking that people analyze my program on a voluntary basis, but being the newbie that I am any comments from the professionals that frequent this wonderfully informative site would be greatly appreciated.

I think 10 ms should be within the range of an ML1200. I'd wonder more about the ability of the delivery system to keep up!

I know there are immediate input and output instructions for the ML1200 that might allow you to fire the output at a certain point in the scan, but I defer to those more expert than myself with AB to tackle that one.

Edit : Ah, I see you did use Imediate Output. Good lad, but apart from that, I'm dry. Most of my projects are nice and slow :)

Good luck!

TM

Last edited: