Maple systems HMI remote access

nhermanson

I've been using AD C-more EA7 HMI's for the last 7 years. They work well for most of what I need, but I need a little bit better data logging / trending. It appears the trend line is not greatly improved with the EA9 series.

What I want to log/trend doesn't require a complete SCADA system and I'd rather not run a separate PC for just that. And I'm cheap.

I'm contemplating buying a Maple System's HMI, but I'm curious for those that use it, is remote accessing it from an I-Phone as easy as the C-more display?

I feel the same about the CMore logging and display. Its pretty lousy.
I am looking for a good way to get logged daily data from CMore to customer too.

Take a look at a Red Lion Data Station Plus. It has been a few years since I've set one up but it can be added in for just data logging. You can do remote access to collect the data files and not need to change the operator interface. Less confusion on their part.
I know what you mean about the trend screen on the AD box. If the actual trend display is less of an issue than having a good data file just add the Red Lion.

Have you considered the EZTouch HMI from EZAutomation.net?

http://www.ezautomation.net/ez3series/ez3series.htm

For data logging, you can store locally on a USB or Micro SD card, but with the free file manager utility, (http://www.ezautomation.net/ez3series/pdfs/file-manager.pdf)
you can take that data and send to a network or PC. The remote app for the iPhone works in the same fashion as C-More except you can also see data tables based on values you are logging.

http://www.ezautomation.net/apps/index.htm

You have to have a VNC client to remotely access the Maple, and you can't get the data log remotely without a PC. BTW they're rebranded Weintek HMIs. We made the mistake of buying Maple HMCs (rebranded Renu) and their tech support knew next to nothing about the software, we lost 2 months until we finally contacted Renu and they solved the issue immediately.

We use Maple System for all of our Remote Locations, they are easy to use, and they work very well for "Remote Access". We do this so that management can log into each location with their smartphone, internet connected device, and see in real-time what is going on.

I highly recommend Maple System!!

They have "Tag" based drivers and Modbus IP for almost any PLC you might have.

If you use VNC it opens a copy of the HMI on your cell phone screen and you take control of the HMI. There is a bit built into the HMI that will tell you when it is being accessed by VNC in case you want to limit access.