You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 6th, 2018, 06:43 PM   #1
Tanquen
United States

FactoryTalk View SE V10- Animate Screen Color?

V 10.00.01
Patch 6

Is there a way to have the screen backgrounds change color based on a tag value? Other than making a big rectangle and putting it behind everything on every screen.

Thanks.
Old July 6th, 2018, 07:06 PM   #2
dcooper33
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen View Post
V 10.00.01
Patch 6

Is there a way to have the screen backgrounds change color based on a tag value? Other than making a big rectangle and putting it behind everything on every screen.

Thanks.
FTView is not an object-oriented language, so as such does not expose much in the way of properties of objects.
I know in FTView ME that this is not possible. I've never worked in SE, I'm an Ignition man when it comes to SCADA, but I'd bet the mortgage payment that you can do this. Just do the rectangle, and make it a global object with a copy at the back of every screen. Once you resign yourself to the kluge, it hurts less and is over quickly. 😂
Old July 6th, 2018, 10:50 PM   #3
bright676
United States

On the display you want to change color, make the whole screen a panel and then the color you want, then use an expression to change the color.
Old July 10th, 2018, 10:57 AM   #4
Tanquen
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright676 View Post
On the display you want to change color, make the whole screen a panel and then the color you want, then use an expression to change the color.
Not sure how to do this and if it’s different than just using a rectangle and putting it behind everything as dcooper33 and I had mentioned.

Last edited by Tanquen; July 10th, 2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:52 AM   #5
Tanquen
United States

Also looks like you can't make set it as wallpaper without losing animations. ???
Old July 12th, 2018, 10:04 AM   #6
arlenjacobs
Lifetime Supporting Member
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen View Post
Also looks like you can't make set it as wallpaper without losing animations. ???
Right. You can't use wallpaper AND have animation.

Using the rectangle object is best.
You could use the panel, but it has borders which you probably don't want. You could set those to none, but then you just have a rectangle that you should have used in the first place.

If you are using this on every display, then put it into a grouped Global Object.
That could include a header and footer (time date, alarm banner, forward/back buttons, etc) in the group as well.
That will make it easier to select and set to back on your displays.

In FTView Studio v9 you can hide an object during edits. Open the Object Explorer and uncheck the "background" G.O.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum