Panelview 600 screen selector not working

Howdy Everyone,
We had to replace a panelview 600 2711-B6c20 the other day and when we did, the new one none of the screen selector buttons work. As in pressing the buttons to go from one screen to the other (controlled by the hmi itself) do not work. All the buttons/inputs going back to the plc work fine so i know it isn't a dead spot on the screen. I cannot find anything about if this is a option selected somewhere or what. we used the file that was in the old one, so I believe it isn't in the hmi program itself (panelbuilder32). Any ideas would be great, we did a work around for now with the hard buttons f1 thru f10, but that is cumbersome to remember which is which. thank you.

That's an interesting issue.

The most common reason that a Go To Screen button doesn't work is when the PanelView is set to have screen changes controlled by the PLC, which over-rides the navigation buttons or drop-down selectors unless the value = 0.

But in your case the Function keys *do* work, so that can't be the issue.

In PanelBuilder32, a Screen Selector button object can be configured for Function Key, or Touch Cell, or both. Opening the project in PanelBuilder32 should show you how your application is configured.

PB32_GoTo_Button.PNG

Ken beat me to suggesting that you check whether the object configuration has touch selected as an input method... don't know why that would change if you made no programming changes though.

Did you directly upload the file from the previous panel for use on the new one, or did you load from a backup that could potentially not have been up to date?

Thanks for the replies, I wasn't here when it crashed, they just called and I remoted in looking (plc had issues initially as well). I did find that page and the touch cells were all selected. I did retrieve the old program and view it and it was all set up the same way.

EDIT: Ken did mention this:
The most common reason that a Go To Screen button doesn't work is when the PanelView is set to have screen changes controlled by the PLC, which over-rides the navigation buttons or drop-down selectors unless the value = 0.

If the PB32 program is set up with Screen Control and Status Tags, the PLC can write a value to the Screen Control Tag which prevents other Screen Controls on the HMI from working.

Setting that value to a zero in the PLC releases control back to the HMI.

If that feature is being used, maybe when the HMI crashed, the PLC got hung up with a value in the control tag that never got set back to zero. When the PLC is involved in Screen Control with a Panelview, it is common to have PLC logic that looks for the status tag to match the control tag before writing a zero to the control tag, or after some time delay, a zero is written.

But in your case the Function keys *do* work, so that can't be the issue.

I didn't interpret the OP as saying that F keys work for page changes, but for other things, like writing values to the PLC.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I know the plc was writing a zero to the hmi. We changed the program to include all screen selector buttons have an F button tied to it so they could push those to go to the correct pages.