Activating one output consecutively 2 times in ladder diagram

lekxa8

Hello,

I`m a newbie in plc ladder logic, so if you can help me out how could i activate 1 output consecutively 2 times.
Firstly, the output should be activated for 100ms, re-setted, and activated again for the same amount of time.

You can do it with two timers, one controlling the on time, the other controlling the off time.
You can do it with a single timer with a preset of 120 ms, turning the output on while the accumulated value is 100 ms or less and off while the accumulated value is greater than 100 ms, and resetting the timer when the accumulated value reaches the preset.

(edit: this is close to the same as @Steve Bailey's second suggestion)

Run a single TON with a 220ms preset.

The output is 1 when
- the timer is enabled AND
- (the current value of the timer is less than 100 OR greater than 119) AND
- the timer is not done

Last edited:
OK, I know this is the place where you can get free solution for your homework assignment. Now that you have some hints, please provide us what you tried so far at least.

Another hint from me, is to try the new AI and see what it can come up with.

On Allen-Bradley TONs, you can seal in the timer with the timer object's .TT bit, so the TON will run but once

A simpler option might be a TOF, if it's okay to start the first pulse on the falling edge of the start bit (assuming there is a start bit).

I am sorry , L33ER! I want to try it first. so here is the result from my AI:

Here is a ladder logic that can turn on an output for 100ms, then off for 20ms, then turn it back on for 100ms:

| |---[ ]---|/|---( )---|
| | T1 | | O1 |
| | | | |
| |---[ ]---| | |
| | T2 | | |
In this ladder logic diagram, T1 is a timer that turns on for 100ms and T2 is a timer that turns off for 20ms. O1 is the output that is controlled by the timers. When T1 is on, O1 is turned on. When T2 is on, O1 is turned off.

use one timer with the overall cycle preset, and some comparators that use the ET of the timer to make decisions.

timers stink, use as few as possible.

my 2 cents anyway.