Client SCADA Getting Struck

prakasha

Hello Everyone,

We are Using Plant PAX Process library3.1 and when we working with PLC logix Modification or edit something in the Program, Client SCADA getting struck for few sec and restore back. this is not regular it happens often. what could be the issue.

You might be having a bottleneck with the amount of system overhead time slice for plant communication.

What PLC is it? I'm suspecting it's a L7 series processor or less. Check the system time slice setting, you can increase that from whatever you have to about 50-100% more without issues. Keep in mind, you trade off your scan times to achieve better communication.

So the data stops updating on the SCADA (PlantPax) but not the PLC?

I would consider looking at the IGS driver (or associated Networking) between the PLC and SCADA as well as the L75's networking diagnostics.