SLC 5/05 Modify data table value

DiogoVala

Hi.

I'm working with a SLC 5/05 but I have no experience with it. I've been tasked with trying to figure out if it is possible to directly modify a value in the N10 data file. The idea would be to modify it through MODBUS or, ideally, through ethernet.

So far I've been digging through the manuals but I've only found information on how to reprogram the whole CPU. Can't seem to find information on how to modify just one data variable.

Thank you!

We are trying to make it possible to change the variables whenever needed, using a HMI.
Other than using the RSLOGIX 500 software, is there a more low level approach?

I would expect any HMI that is compatible (ie has appropriate drivers) will be able to modify data table values -- Maple, C-More, PVPlus, Red Lion, etc.

AdvancedHMI has the advantage of being free, and if all you're wanting is a single value then shelling out for an HMI probably isn't worth it.

I would expect any HMI that is compatible (ie has appropriate drivers) will be able to modify data table values -- Maple, C-More, PVPlus, Red Lion, etc.
Exactly.

DiogoVala, you should check what kind of operator panels or HMI software you are already using - if any.
Then check if these have drivers for AB SLC500 via Ethernet.