1769-L36ERM Connections

jamesgsummers

Does anyone know how many connections are available on a 1769-L36ERM Compactlogix? I have one that is connected to an Ignition SCADA system that is running on a VM our company server. I’m new to Ignition so I’ve been doing the lessons on Inductive University. I downloaded and installed everything on my PC to use it as a gateway as well. I connected my computer’s gateway to the PLC and created a DINT type tag in the PLC. I can see this tag in the OPC browser in designer on either our facility project running on the VM or on the gateway that is on my computer. When I add it to the tag browser I can see it on the facility but I get an unknown quality on the project on my PC. I’ve been talking to Ignition’s service department and they asked if there is something limiting the connections on the PLC side. I don’t think that is the problem because it shows at connected in the OPC configuration. Anyone have any advice?

Use a web browser and look at the web page of the controller. Under diagnostics, you can see the active connections and more. Maybe something will stand out in the connections or Ethernet statistics.

Edits:
You should see the IP for your Ignition system.
IP settings in VMs are easily mis-configured.

Last edited: