TwinCAT2 PLC remote update for Customer

minghan700

I have 10 years expereience about programming TwinCAT2 PLC. However, there is still one thing that I can't find a best solution about updating the PLC for the customer. I want customer to be able to update the PLC.pro by themselves. Usually, they need to replace the PLC.pro and open it, login and creat boot project. The most important thing is, I don't want customer to be able to see the PLC code, but on the other hand, I want them to be able to do login and creat bootproject. I have searched the Password function, but it will lock everything, the customer can't do login unless they have the password.
And I found Project/User Group Passwords setting, but I didn't search any information about this function.
I know there is an update method by sending files inside the C:\TwinCAT\Boot folder. However, the system manager become a big problem because I always need to build a machine environment with PLC module and Servo Drivers to run the system manager to creat the files on C:\TwinCAT\Boot.
But most of time, I am just at home or office so that I can't creat the correct Boot file immediatly.
Requesting the experts on this forum, is there a best solution for the above question?