Panelview failed factory restore, will not boot. Fatal 01 error.

cschlue

I have a panelview plus 1000 that is failing to boot, on initial boot it will display all the software versions correctly but then everything except the bootloader and ospro will have a version of 00.00

I originally was restoring from the built in utility and selected the standard default backup. When attempting a restore from the bootloader it appears to run correctly but still fails to boot.

When booting into safemode it will make it to the desktop but isnt usable, i can ping the device when assigning it an address through dhcp however. I cant us the upgrade utility though because the panel doesnt show up in rslinx

Is there a way to reinstall the firmware from the bootloader? Anyone have a similar issue?

Thats a no go unfortunately, I can only get into safe mode but nothing really works and the software update never prompts me to run it.

I tried creating a batch file that should initiate the copy but that doesn't appear to be doing the trick. I'm hoping theres someway to do it from the bootloader since it obviously can flash a factory image but I'm assuming that image was corrupted when the restore failed.

Found the solution to this, apparently rockwell was kind enough to install the wrong image to the factory restore partition. You can find a technote on the rockwell support site with instructions on how to fix this. You can also prevent it on effected units by running the second half of the procedure.

Article for units that have already had the restore procedure ran.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/767521

Article for systems that just need to be patched and haven't had the restore procedure ran.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/767905