Siemens cross reference

OA_74

Is there a good cross reference function in Siemens programming?
At the moment I'm dealing with a system that is programmed partly in ladder logic and partly in CFC.

In CFC, I can do a text search within the defined charts, but I haven't seen any cross reference to find every use of a certain variable or memory allocation.

In the ladder logic, I get a cross reference at the bottom where I can find every use of a certain variable within all the FCs containing ladder logic.
However, this cross reference does not show what is programmed in the CFC.

I suppose some of you have long experience with Siemens programming, and perhaps there is some functionality I haven't discovered yet?

How do you normally trace signals between these two environments when you need to trouble shoot the logic?

For info, the signals are transferred between ladder and CFC by DBs that are accessed from both environments.
The CFC is compiled to FCs in the Simatic Manager, but it still doesn't giv me a possibility to trace the signals.

I'm using the following versions of software:
- Simatic Manager V5.5 + SP3
- LAD/STL/FBD V5.5 + SP3
- Interconnecting CFC Blocks V8.0 + SP2

The PLC is a Simatic S7-400.

I dont know CFC, but if it is similar to SCL, then there is an option to update the reference database when compiling.
When this option is selected, the x-ref and "go to.." also includes SCL locations, if the option is not selected, then the SCL code is ignored.

I don't know about how this works with CFC but normally it's easy to find cross references of all used variables or addresses, for example when you are in your block folder in simatic manager, go to menu "Options" -> "Reference Data" -> "Display (Ctrl+R)"