AB 1769-L18ERM-BB1B Embedded IO

ste1070

Hi, I have a compact logix processor with embedded IO but the IO is not responding nor flashing on the self test when boots up. The IO light is just flashing and it does not see the IO in project. Any thoughts? Thanks

Sure but even creating a blank project doesn't seem to help. I'm guessing cause of catalogue number embedded IO should automatically be set up and it does appear in the tag database.

Ill sort a copy of project out and post. Thanks for your reply

My recollection is that the embedded modules do flash their channel indicator LEDs during startup, so if yours don't do that and are showing a faulted connection to the controller, I would say that they are defective out-of-the-box.

Do you have any expansion I/O modules connected to the POINTBus ? Do those work ?

I'm trying to recall if on the face of the PLC there are two power inputs. One would be for processor power and one is for I/O power. If so, then both may need to be powered.

Yep there's troubles afoot because I booted up my l16 yesterday and all the controller hardware IO flashes in sequence before point io expansion cards.

Try to reflash the firmware and verify expansion IO cards on 1st page of controller properties is set to correct number of installed point IO cards

I know this is an old thread, but i came across the same issue with a 1769-L18ERM-BB1b. I found out that you have to set the proper expansion modules in the controller properties. The default is 8 from a blank project, so if you are not using any additional modules, then it has to be set to 0. Then the IO will no longer claim that its faulted.

Hope this is useful.