Studio 5000, BSL, Questions about "Length"

According to this (see image below), it means the source bit value will be transferred to the <counter structure>.UL bit on every rising edge of the input rung (.EN pin), and the .UL bit will hold its value otherwise. I dunno but I imagine that could be useful. I am pretty sure it is equivalent to

IN .EN src .UL
--] [--[ONS]--+---] [--[L]--+--
| |
| src .UL |
+---]/[--]U[--+

OR
IN .EN ons
--] [--[ONS]--( )--

ons src .UL
--+--] [--] [--+--( )--
| |
| ons .UL |
+--]/[--] [--+

Hi All, I just wanted to close this one out by saying that Yes, it now makes sense that the code is later checking the Unload bit .UL of the control register (R6) for that BSL to determine the Rejection of the part based on that Value. I just found it to be non-orthodox, but I guess also effective for an immediate reject.
Any thoughts!?
Thanks all