DeviceNet to Profinet situation

BeepBob

Hello all,

I have a situation. I am trying to couple a DeviceNet network to a Profinet network. I want to be able to use Profinet capable Remote IO on the DeviceNet network.

I already got an answer back from HMS, their Anybus gateway will not do a Profinet Master interface. I have a support call with Hilscher on their gateway and I don't have much hope with that either.

I have attached a simple network diagram. Can anyone suggest a device that can do what I'm asking?

Basically I am looking for a device/gateway that will act as a DeviceNet slave on the Devicenet network and it will also act as a Profinet Master on the Profinet side in order to poll the Profinet Remote IO, does such device exist?

net.jpg

I would expect the Hilscher nettap to do what you want: NT100-RE-DN with a Profinet controller license.

The Nettap50 series might cover it as well, not sure what the difference is.

Yeah I setup the Hilscher according to Ken Roach’s advice, and it looks like itll do it. Hilscher support canceled my support call today so Im still stuck.

My 1771-SDN still doesnt see my Hilscher nt100 on the devicenet network, keeps showing error code 70, duplicate node.

I surely set the Hilscher slave node to be 2 and download success to it

Narrow down your system a little.

The 1771-SDN has two independent and isolated DeviceNet channels, and the DeviceNet node number and data rate are set independently and by hardware switches on the module, so they're unambiguous.

Set one channel for 125 kb/s, and a node number that isn't 0,1,2, or 63 (the usual defaults or habitual settings).

Connect just one channel of the scanner to a network with +24V power and two termination resistors.

Connect with your 1784-U2DHP, set for 125 kb/s and a unique node number that is also not used by anything else by default.

Once you can see the 1771-SDN and your 1784-U2DHP on the network in an RSLinx Classic browse, then connect the Hilscher NetTap and browse for that.