TSX Quantum "Dim Awareness"

Kharozan

Hey guys. Mostly new to this stuff so I apologize if I'm not following proper format.

I have 3 working CPU133 /3s.

There is a desktop with a serial pcie card that can download/write and take controller out of dim awareness.

Now I have tried everything I can think of to get this working on another pcmini with an embedded serial port. I can connect and write/read but no matter how many time I write or cycle power it will not clear it.

I have to run down to the desktop, download a good profile and run back to my pc to actually utilize the controller.

Now I cloned that ssd and jammed it into my minipc hoping that is was something in configurations I may have not understood and tadaaaaaa , no change. Even with an exacccct copy of the desktop that works. Im using the same extender from the serial port to my proworx cable on both setups.
I even updated all my drivers in the minipc to match the new hardware and nothing.

Using Version 2D of proworx.

The ONLY somewhat useful info I may have is that under PLC STATUS > Status Word # 5 : Stop Code I have 1010 0000 0000 0001
1's are as follow left to right.
"Peripheral port stop"
"Controller in Dim Awareness"
"Illegal configuration"

Cant figure out what's wrong though, the physical rack matches the software
even from a new profile all manual.

Any help would be greattttly appreciated.

Look forward to contributing this has been such a helpful community.

One more note, the desktop seems to have a way longer download time with more items listed as the download occurs like network input words ect. On the mini the download takes 10 seconds and seems to stall on traffic cop with no follow up window or message.

Cut the extender out, switched the all the switches on the face of the cpu, changed addresses, took pictures and compared to desktop I reallllly dont get it , its killin me. Also cant connect period through this 232-usb cable.

Using proworx32 not nxt

Last edited:
IC Chip on the serial port was bad apparently causing dozens of major brands to work perfectly normal but forbidding me admin privilege in downloading. Swapped IC, download clears dim awareness. :geek: