Logic Designer version downgrade (from 32V to 24V)

You would have to save the ver 32 program in Studio5000 v32 and Save As a L5K file.

Then open RSLogix5000 v24 and import the L5K file. Then immediately do a Verify Project.

Be forewarned a lot of functionality was added in versions 26 and 32 that will not be supported in v24 and if embedded deep enough the program would be a nightmare to get downgraded and running.

The import requires a bit more than just opening the L5K in the older version.

1. Open the project in v32
  2. Got to File Save As and change the file type to .L5K format and save the file
  3. Open the .L5K file in a text editor (Notepad works fine)
  4. Look for the line that starts with IE_VER and change the value to 2.15
  5. Save the file
  6. In Logix 5000 Go to File Open and select the edited L5K file.
  7. In the Save Imported Project As window, type a new file name so we don't overwrite the original
  8. In the revision drop down field change to version 24 and click Import

As the import progresses, take note of any errors listed in the error window. Errors will prevent the import from completing so note any errors, make the necessary changes, and then redo the import.

OG

Last edited:
There are tons of nuisance changes Rockwell does to hardware parameter naming that you have to correct. Axis reactions being listed as "Disable" vs "StopDrive" in older versions. It can help to make a matching hardware tree in v24 and export it as L5X or L5K to compare with the one you're downconverting to help understand what little terminology changes might be preventing importing from succeeding.