Cannot create/open Studio5000 projects with L8 CPUs

alexandrutoia

Hello,

I am having an issue trying to open or create new projects which have L8 CPUs inside. I have tried with several versions of Studio5000, from v31 - v35. All the time I get prompted with this message:

"Failed to create project file "project_Path".
Module could not be found. This could indicate the module profile is not installed.

Error: 716-80042A53"

I tried installing a newer minor version, thinking I forgot to select something for previous installation, but the issue is still there.

If I try creating the project/opening an already existing one which has an L7 CPU, it works without issues.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Untitled.jpg

Just hit something similar with IO cards in v35. It was caused by only running 1 of the 2 installers for v35. When installing v35, it is required to run both installers otherwise you will be missing some of the hardware profile DLLs. It is not immediately apparent that this is the case when installing.

I would have assumed v35 would install all the AOPs for the new processor families, but this error sounds like a missing AOP. One day Rockwell will catch up to 20 years ago and have in-app updates to download new AOPs and EDS files, but for now, AOPs are a manual affair of hunting them down on the website or installing a new version of Logix/Studio that includes them.

EDIT: The two installer thing for v35 is news to me.

UPDATE:
- Repairing FT Services Platform didn't work;
- I tried manually installing the AOP, but they all seem already installed;
- @KuulKuum, I am a bit confused as I cannot see 2 installers in the installation folder. Which/where would be the second one?

Thank you all for the help!

Studio5000 Folder.jpg

I had this happen recently with a 5480 project.

Solution was uninstalling and reinstalling any and all versions of Studio 5000.

Well, that would have been the last resort solution and something I feared as I have quiet a few versions installed.

Thank you for the info!

One other thing to try before a total uninstall/reinstall is to launch the software while resetting its registry. This probably won't work, but it's worth a shot.

To do this, go to the folder where the executable is stored for the specific version you are using. For example

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v35\Bin

Locate LogixDesigner.exe and then press and hold the CTRL + SHIFT keys and then double-click on the executable. Keep holding the keys down until the software has fully opened. It might take a little longer than usual. Once it has fully opened, release the keys and close the application. Do not attempt to use the software, just close it. Once it is closed, go ahead and double-click LogixDesigner.exe again without holding the keys as before. Then try to open your project with an L8x controller.

This probably won't work if it is truly an installer issue, but like I said, it's worth a shot before a full uninstall/reinstall.

OG