GE Fanuc 90-30 won't go into Run mode

I have a fanuc GE 90 30 PLC it does not go to RUN mode
You will need to connect to the PLC with a computer running the programming software and clear the PLC's fault tables. Then you will be able to restart the PLC.
should i short the capacitor behind the main board?
No, that is a last resort after all other attempts have failed. Shorting that capacitor erases RAM memory and returns the CPU module to its out-of-the-box state.

If you have an old computer with DOS on it and a proper cable (or build one from the instructions included) this little (OLD) app written by a GE (Fanuc) AE many moons ago will clear the faults for you.
It will even search out and find the correct serial port parameters to connect.
I believe it is compiled in an 8-bit compiler.

Over the years this has been a real 'life saver' for many end users of the 90-30 PLC.

I have been trying to get this capability added to the new PACsAnalyzer utility which will tell you what the faults are but it will not clear them for you. Feel free to lobby GEIP for this capability.

Last edited:
.... and if the USER program has gone.... how can i retrieve the program?
In many cases the only way is to restore from a backup, you do have a backup, right?

There have been at least two cases where we got lucky in that the developer stored the logic and config in the flash and even though the original did not have the CPU loading from flash at power up we were able to store a config to the dead processor with the parameter set to 'Load from Flash on power up'. You need a CPU350 or newer to have flash on board.

Last edited:
In many cases the only way is to restore from a backup, you do have a backup, right?

There have been at least two cases where we got lucky in that the developer stored the logic and config in the flash and even though the original did not have the CPU loading from flash at power up we were able to store a config to the dead processor with the parameter set to 'Load from Flash on power up'. You need a CPU350 or newer to have flash on board.

Hi RussB, I have one cpu350 which is oem protected, is it posible to install old cpu350's flash to the new cpu350.

thanks a lot RussB.... thanks a lot..... the main problem now we facing is we have lost our Program..... we do not have any back up...its a very old machine from Grece.... it is a tubtex machine..... now we have only way to baypass the PLC....

i have seen the fault table as you suggest.... there is only one fault...NO USER program..

and the CPU model is CPU331

thanks a lot guys..... for a very quick reply.

...and it will be very helpfull for me...if some one can give me LOGICMASTER 90, Versapro or PROFICY machine edition any one of it.....

i can be available @skype mashravi.... thanks in advance...

...and it will be very helpfull for me...if some one can give me LOGICMASTER 90, Versapro or PROFICY machine edition any one of it.....

i can be available @skype mashravi.... thanks in advance...
Dear Mashravi
Is your Tubetex machine a C2000 compactor?
I urgently need the EEPROM programs of the 3 PLC's (unwinder, compactor and batcher) of Tubetex C2000 compactor.
Can you help me out?

Hello ! I have a problem with a Ge Fanuc 90-30 plc, it's an old machine. And it doesn't work anymore. I start the machine, the PLC is powered, the lights are Power and OK, Run does not light up at all, what could be the cause? I still don't have a cable to connect to it at the moment, I placed the order and I'm waiting for it to arrive next week, and can I use Proficy Machine Edition as a program? IC693PWR321U and IC693CPU350-BC Processor

You will to connect with the software and clear any faults in the fault table. You should be able to do this with Proficy Machine Edition.
If the program was originally created using a different software, you will not be able to achieve 'Logic Equal' status after uploading the program from the PLC to the computer running PME, but you will be able to clear the faults.

Hello ! I went to another car today, I copied the program, I made a backup, I returned to the car with problems, I write the program in the plc, and when I access diagnostics, the table shows the same "No User Program" Could the memory be defective?

When you attempt to write to the PLC you should see a series of messages in Proficy's feedback zone tracking the progress of the download. In your case, it sounds like something went wrong and the download was unsuccessful. You should review those messages to find out where the download stopped and for what reason.