Window cross reference in Wonderware

ettikudiappan

Hi

I am using InTouch 7.11 for a project. There a lot of unused windows in this application. Is anyway to cross reference the usage of a window, just like we can cross reference a tag? I tried using the cross reference utility under "special" toolbar. It does not work for window names.

Blech. Wonderware (and most HMI software) seem to be horrible with text descriptions and cross referencing.

As long as you are only referencing the window by name, you might try doing a full printout to FILE using the Generic/Text only driver in windows, then opening that up in notepad and searching for occurances of the name to figure out if they are used.

A Less direct approach that I've used in trying to figure out other peoples large projects is to add a little script to the 'On Show' script of each and every window that just writes a line of text (Time, Date, and WindowName) to a text file somewhere. A week or two later, after the system's been in use, I browse over the text file.

Another thing is, it IS just a directory, make a backup copy of the entire application directory (zip it and store it safely), then just delete suspect windows one at a time. If you delete one you need, you can always import it back from the backup and convert the tags.