Wonderware WindowMaker fault

MGuenette

Hi,

I'm just trying to open my application with window maker and I always have a fault. I reinstalled Intouch with the update patch and no success.

the fault is :
The application cannot be edited. Process "" on computer "" is editing this application.

Anyone has any idea?
Thanks
Martin.

Windowmaker uses that file to prevent the application from being changed by anyone else. It creates that file when it opens and deletes it when it closes. If Windowmaker doesn't close correctly (crash) that file might not get deleted. I found out about it from WW Tech Support.

New Improved Fault: Can now also be file location

Hi,

I had this error message, but no appedit.lok file.

I relocated my file from

C:\Documents and Settings\myxx.namex\My Documents\Client Jobs\A11111 - Client Name Location\Working\Wonderware 2008-09-04\Wyee.WW

to

C:\Documents and Settings\myxx.namex\My Documents\My InTouch Applications\Wyee.WW

And the problem went away. I don't know if it was the length of the path, or the hyphens in it.

This post applies to Wonderware 10.0

MGuenette said:
the fault is :
The application cannot be edited. Process "" on computer "" is editing this application.
Martin.

This happens if you copy a running app. from a pc and try to edit it on another pc.

thanks

you are right, i had the next message when opened windowsmaker
"The same application is being edited in other session, cannot edit this application" delete this file and it works fine
many thanks

Thanks for these posts. Just had this same situation. Deleting the appedit.lok file didn't work, then removed folders with dashes, and now I can open it in WindowMaker. Had dashes for the date, and a rather long path. I'm using V10.1. :site:

Hi,

I had this error message, but no appedit.lok file.

I relocated my file from

C:\Documents and Settings\myxx.namex\My Documents\Client Jobs\A11111 - Client Name Location\Working\Wonderware 2008-09-04\Wyee.WW

to

C:\Documents and Settings\myxx.namex\My Documents\My InTouch Applications\Wyee.WW

And the problem went away. I don't know if it was the length of the path, or the hyphens in it.

This post applies to Wonderware 10.0

I recently had a similar issue but there was no appedit.lok file.

Turned out that the folder was read only, copying to a non read only directory solved it.