RSLogix 500 file unable to open

isteak007

Dear Everyone,

I am unable to open a RSlogix 500 file in my computer. I don't know why?
my version 8.40 starter.

Can anybody check why it is not opening.

Thanks

I got this file from the machine company's engineer. as it is very old machine i don't think he has no more any backup.

Is there any way to recover the file.

An .RSS file is what are known as a Microsoft structured storage file. In other words, a .RSS file looks like an archive file that actually contains other folders and files. See http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=54959. I tried opening your file with a utility to see the interior file structure and it wouldn't open - this is either a badly corrupted file or it isn't the correct file.

Similar Topics

I stumbled onto this behavior the other day, then went looking for old forum posts with the assumption that "there is nothing new under the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am working on converting a program written in RSLogix 500 to Connected Components Workbench. The MicroLogix to Micro800 converter...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I created the shortcut while setting up comms in FT View to a Logix 500 processor, then a offline tag file to the processor .RSS file...
Replies
Views
I'm troubleshooting this machine in the field right now. The discrete outputs of this Micrologix 1500 are wired to discrete inputs of a Siemens...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys! Does anyone know which version of RSLogix 500 i can insert ASCII DataFile? I'm using 10.0 version and i not found this DataFile, but...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom