Control Logix DCS instruction "cold start type"

taylor1982

Hello,

I am using the DCS instruction for a simple emergency stop detection. Actually I set the "cold start type" to automatic.
This means when the machine is switched on, the DCS instruction sets it´s O1 bit TRUE without resetting. This is not so nice while no movement of the machine is possible.

I tried to set the "cold start type" to manual. Now I have to push all the emergency push buttons und release them until I can reset the DCS instruction. This is also not very practical.

Does anyone have similar problems. How you are set the "cold restart type" and why?

Thanks!

What level of safety are you trying to achieve.
Usually the mandatory testing of all EStops are the highest level
(Cat 4) here.

I don´t think we have the hightest level at this machine. But is it correct that I have to test each emergency stop push button when the "cold restart type" is set to "manual".

I would prefer a solution where I can reset the DCS instruction by my reset signal without pressing/releasing each push button.
But how this can be realized?

Sorry. My use of English didn't come out for you.
The setup you are using is for the top level safety.
Your reply means you only need (cat 2 or 3).
I don't know the settings but you are using cat 4 setup.
I think SIL3 is the level you are aware of.