Citect disk variables location

downriver_bob

Can anyone help me out with where the file for the citect disk variables is kept?

I have a variable tag "email_reception" on device"disk" at address "s200" and I don't know where I can find location "s200" and see the tags actual value.

Thanks

The actual file is somewhere in the c:\ProgramData folder typically a few layers deep. Sometimes that folder is hidden so you might need to set hidden folders to visible.

However even if you find it I don't think you can easily read the file. Better to make a new page and have a field display the data you wish to see. Or to configure your Citect as an OPC server and then use an OPC client to view the current status if you do not want to add new pages.

Hi mp,

Thanks for your reply. I'm quite unfamiliar with citect, but have worked with Rockwell's FactoryTalk plenty so I'm finding the adjustment difficult with no training.

I think I've found the file, tried to read it, and as you suggest is pretty much worthless. Is it safe to say the only proper way to change the disk variables is to have an input field on the display somewhere? This project may have had an input field at some point and the data edited previously, but now that field has been removed?

Thanks

do a search for the tag email_reception its probably in a cicode file somewhere in the project.

yes i would create a button on a page and use that to write to the variable.

Thanks for the replies.

EICS,

I have searched for the tag and s200 is the only reference I can find to a place where it might be substituted for an email address. It appears that instead of a "[email protected]" format it is using the outlook address book and referencing the alias instead somehow? Any ideas as to where this may be configured so I can confirm?

sigmadelta,

Thanks, I understand what it is, but am unfamiliar with how it is stored and accessed

interesting

do you have an "Included" project as part of the main project?

if so make sure your search criteria has this selected. have you searched for "S200" as well as the tag?

what version of citect are you running? search from the "project editor" if you have not done so already and check all the boxes for search criteria.

I don't believe there is an included project, but I have done the searches with that option and have the same results.

Searching "s200" only displays the result in the tag variables, searching"email_reception" displays the tag variable result as well as the locations in the cicode.

We are running version 7.2 and I have done all searches in project editor, where else could I search from?

Thanks

As was said before - the only way that the internal variable tags are written to is via a page in the graphical interface, or some cicode. You won't see any reference to s200 outside of the tag configuration. Every other reference will be to email_reception.

Perhaps there was a reference to it previously and that isn't there anymore but most likely it's in the cicode somewhere. If it isn't, and you reset the IO server you might wipe that email out with no way to re-write it.

you might see a line saying 'email_reception = [email protected]l' or maybe a function call for TagWrite('email_reception', '[email protected]')

I don't think there's any other way to get data into that tag.

A good trick would be to write to it, and write a different value. Then wait and see if it changes back sometime. If it does, there's something in your project doing that

if you want to email your project to me i will have a look next week, off site at the moment but monday i will be back and have access to V7.5 which should restore it without issue

let me know.