575v or 600v to 24vdc

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I've been searching for a power supply that is rated 575 or 600v to 24vdc. I cant seem to find any and I would also want it to be a known large brand. Since I cant find any I wonder how this is solved?
/Tim

It doesn't exist!!!!
Not in North America anyway that is CSA and UL recognized.

Iv been searching far and wide. The highest I can find is 550, its made for the 460VAC aspect.

I so wish that one would come available, it would save me putting xfmrs in my 575/600 builds.

What about a small transformer that would take the 575/600 to 120, and then use a power supply that provides 24 VDC with a 120 VAC input.

The amount of isolation needed vs. the demand (or lack there of) probably means stepping down with a transformer to 120 or 240 is your best bet. I could make an argument that for safety reasons that's a better way to go anyway.

Check AUTOMATION DIRECT.

RHINO PSB Series

DIN-Rail mount basic DC voltage power supplies offer high performance and reliability at lower cost.

• 12VDC, 24VDC, 48VDC outputs, 15 to 960 W
  • 48VDC output, 480W
  • Universal input voltage, 85-264 VAC / 120-375 VDC single phase or 320-600 VAC 3-phase input
  • Overload, overvoltage and thermal protection
  • (5) 24VDC output, single phase input models for Class 1, Div 2 hazardous locations
  • (2) 48VDC output single phase input models
  • 24VDC (adjustable), 40A (960W)

The amount of isolation needed vs. the demand (or lack there of) probably means stepping down with a transformer to 120 or 240 is your best bet. I could make an argument that for safety reasons that's a better way to go anyway.
Modern 3-ph AC to DC PSU are as safe as if you go via a transfomer. Just chose a PSU that has galvanic isolation and "safety extra low voltage" rated which most modern PSUs have.

Nice.
Iv been badgering my Eaton supplier for something like this but he never found a suitable part number.

The rhino looks pretty good to. Its priced lower. Hopefully its durable enough to handle the tasks though.

I do not have any experience with them just did some searching found those on grainger. That is the smaller 60W version looks like that series goes up to 960W output.

Nice.
Iv been badgering my Eaton supplier for something like this but he never found a suitable part number.

The rhino looks pretty good to. Its priced lower. Hopefully its durable enough to handle the tasks though.

Iv already sent this part number to my supplier for pricing. It also comes in a 120 Watt version that I'm looking for!

Modern 3-ph AC to DC PSU are as safe as if you go via a transfomer. Just chose a PSU that has galvanic isolation and "safety extra low voltage" rated which most modern PSUs have.
I was thinking more along the lines of being able to separate the 600VAC lines from the 24VDC system. If you use a transformer to bring the 600VAC down to 120VAC you could then run the 120VAC lines to a separate panel where the 24VDC system lives.