Using Bit Logic to Sequence

Back when I started with the company, we had dozens of molding presses run by electromechanical stepper switches. I believe they were made by Eagle Signal. The blueprints showed that they had been in service since about when I was born...

I was taught to use a counter as a sequencer in a PLC, it works very well and I wish more people programmed that way - or at least the ones that programmed machines I have had to troubleshoot. Very simple to follow a program along and see where the problems are rather than using cascading internal coils.

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm just looking for a simple way to make a button in excel (via VBA I presume) to toggle a bit in RSLogix 5000. I just got FactoyTalkLinx...
Replies
Views
After watching The Universe is Hostile to Computers from Veritasium, I suddenly remembered a lost weekend years ago trying to reproduce the same...
Replies
Views
What programming technique would use a bit position in a Timer's acc value? For example T4:0.ACC/1 using RSLogix500 in a SLC
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I appreciate your help on a previous post.Your advice helped me understand more. My next question involves the same project...
Replies
Views
Hello, First off, I would like to apologize for beginner question. I am looking to use a 'memory bit' to keep track of the status of an object...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom