PID and Motor select

Good afternoon,
I am trying to write code that can select between a PID and just triggering an on/off state on the same output. The output would be on an analog O:1.1

I am trying to switch from a NC Binary Data file to a NO Binary data file that jumps to the PID. So basically when I want PID control I switch to NO when I want just a high state without PID I switch back to NC Binary. This would be for a selector switch.
Am I approaching this correctly? And what is the conventional approach to switching output states to and from a PID instruction?
Thank you
-E

I would have the PID control the analog output at all times, and use your digital signal to place the loop in manual with an output of 100% or 0%, this would require two digital signals. one for auto/man and one for open/closed.

I've done something similar to this using MOV instructions to move a value into the Output %, (CV), Set output .SO and MNO (minimum output. This is when like the machine or the process was off and no PID Control was needed. So, you could move a value from 0 to 100% when the PID wasn't needed into the Output %. Be sure to use the .SWM bit from the PID when writing values into the output manually through a MOV. Hope this helps.

@Saultgeorge and Ken moore

Great, that did work. I used PD9:0/AM to trigger the Auto/Man
and adjusted the percentage. I'm working in Rslogix 500. I used the move instruction to transfer the high value to the output.
Any equivalent .SWM bit or .SO? Im not seeing those bits.
Im reading that there can be a bumby transition if those bits aren't used..

Hey man, sorry. I didn't realize you were using 500. I haven't worked much with that, only 5000 V. 20.04 and Studio. One can click help on the PID instruction or go over it in instruction help. If I had 500 on my machine I'd help you look for it. I know there's some pros here that have it and are quite proficient with it. Also you could do a search in the forum. Hope this helps.