Rsview SE client not loading correctly

ggc

I have a new install of Rsview SE installed at our factory. It is still in the commissioning phase, so the client software has only been installed on one workstation so far. When this client is launched by the user, several images do not load. If the client is shutdown and then relaunched, the bitmaps successfully load. Is this related to the size of the bitmap? I can't get my head around the fact that they won't load the first time the client is launched, but they have no problems the second time.

Unfortunately RSView SE has more than a few issues in its Distributed format.

There is a whole laundry list of things to check both on the server and client machines for it to behave correctly.

Most involve DCOM and/or IIS settings, along with which windows apps and patches are installed on the machines.

I'm currently knee deep in a RsView SE/ RSSQL/SQL server/Oracle project myself. I have found through Rockwell that windows server 2003 must be a basic install (no service packs). The server may need to be set to always on instead of on demand. Sometimes the water treatment demo project causes problems like factory talk read only mode.