Backup a factory talk apa file

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi I am trying to do this. Client is closed down and have shutdown/restarted factory talk services. The manager tool reports that the file is in use.
Only answer seems to be

disable desklox->reboot -> backup -> enable desklox -> reboot

What is the correct method?

See if the application manager will let you rename it then try backing it up. You might also be able to use the application manager to copy it, then back that one up.

Hi I am trying to do this. Client is closed down and have shutdown/restarted factory talk services. The manager tool reports that the file is in use.
Only answer seems to be

disable desklox->reboot -> backup -> enable desklox -> reboot

What is the correct method?

I have been experiencing this as well. Its painful

Basically assume that the Factorytalk will put a death grip on it. Kill all the rockwell services, then you can backup ANYTHING.