Can retrieve deleted Factory Talk SE Graphic File?

minaykha

Hi All,

I accidentally removed one of my graphic display file from my Factory Talk SE application. ( Right Click and Remove )

Anybody can advise, is there anyway to retrieve it ?

Thank,

Did you just "remove it" or did you delete it?

Check C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projects\YOUR_PROJECT\ and look in the folder GFX to see if it's still there.

The path if you are using an older system would be C:\Documents and settings\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projects\YOUR_PROJECT

Else, I'd hope you at least of a backup of the application...

Hi Commando,

Thank for your reply.

I followed your direction and found my file under GFX folder.

But,i got no idea how to restore it into my application as Graphic display file.

Could you pls tell me the procedure ? Thank.

Move the file out of the project GFX folder then use the right-click "Add Component" feature to re-import it into your project. A copy will be made and placed in the GFX folder, and the Display object will be added to the project.

Do not attempt to perform the "Add Component" function when the GFX is already in the destination folder... the software can't have the same named file as the source and the destination.