How do I remove a FB from a library (OSCAT)

jherbicide

Hello, a newbie here and a newbie to using codesys. I installed OSCAT to codesys 2.3. I want to use some functions from it, but one in the library collides with a function in another library.

I can't delete the other library, it has a function that is required to run the controller (IFM display).

I can delete either function (TOGGLE) from either library.

Thanks,

"Error 3700: TOGGLE (1):A POU with the name 'TOGGLE' is already in library...."

Not sure about codesys v2.3, but you could try adding the library namespace to the fb type name.

E.g. if you would need both the Oscat toggle FB and the FB with the same name from your Other library:

Code:
VAR
   MyOscatToggle: OSCAT.Toggle;
   MyOtherToggle: OTHER.Toggle;
END_VAR

Alternatively, you can exclude colliding types and FB's for compilation of a library. In Codesys 2.3: pull down menu Project -> Options... -> Build -> button "Exclude objects .... ". Fold out to the FB's you would not need, select those and tick the checkbox "Exclude" near the bottom of the dialog screen.

Thank you! I used the exclude objects. I needed to make room anyway; I did learn that "Exclude Unused POU" button is a double edged sword!

You can edit oscat.txt just to your needs, however a lot of functions within oscat call other functions inside the same lib. so you will need to discover which are needed. I copy the needed functions from oscat, as i dont have that much room inside old PLC.