FactoryTalk View ME Global Connections

Lewin16

Can anyone tell me what happens to the tags I enter in Global Connections under "Display" for "Replace Display Number" and "Remote Display Number"? I select the tags I want and then create runtime app, then download to HMI. Everything works like I want it to, but the next day when I opened the application...the Global Connections were blank.

Thanks in advance!!

Can anyone tell me what happens to the tags I enter in Global Connections under "Display" for "Replace Display Number" and "Remote Display Number"? I select the tags I want and then create runtime app, then download to HMI. Everything works like I want it to, but the next day when I opened the application...the Global Connections were blank.

Thanks in advance!!

Since the PV+ can store more than one runtime file, are you sure you are running the new application and have it set to be run on subsequent power cycles? In most cases, I like to delete the old applications from the PV+ to avoid the possibility of reverting to it.

I wondered about that, but when I open FactoryTalk View Studio...in the pop-up window there is only one application that is associated with this HMI. Unless I am mistaken, doesn't this pop-up contain the latest saved copy?