Configuring RIO drop - Schneider M580

Layton23

Hi guys,

I have just added in two RIO drops on our network, by setting the rotor switches on the CRA modules, and introducing them into our network ring.

All looks good in the Hardware configuration, can see the modules, and diagnostics are healthy, and match that of currently installed and running RIO drops.

I configured the hardware at the last shutdown, but I think I may have missed a step as other than the healthy hardware diagnsostics, I am not getting any analogue or digital inputs back here..

Under the DTM browser, when I double click on the PLC, it brings up the IO scanning, I can see all the existing RIO drops, including mine as they were already populated prior to me arriving on site. So when find my device BMECRA_006, under address setting\Address server, I have

Identified by: Device name
Identifier: BMECRA_006

When I open bring up the CRA associated to that IP address and name, the DDT name is a auto generated name EI02_d6_r0_s0_ECRA31210... Others that work are not like this, and match the Identifier ie BMECRA_001..

Can anyone with Schneider experience help confirm this with me?

I believe this cannot be changed as an online edit?!

Thanks in advance, and Hi (first time poster, long time reader!)

Hi all,

Problem aborted, there was a cabling issue between the terminal block and the DDI unit, the plugs were backwards..

I was just trying to read about 8 inputs in range 0-31, the plugs were backwards so they were populating in the 32-63 range. There is a button on top of the module which switches the leds between each 32 bit range which i didn't know, so the inputs all looked illuminated correctly in the field!

Another trip down the rabbit hole!

Cheers

šŸ™ƒ