PanelView Screen Saver Mode

RKovacic

Greetings!
Does anyone know of a way to bring a PanelView out of a screen saver mode other than using a finger? I'm working with a PanelView 1000, and would like to do this when an audible signal occurs for an event that can be noted on the screen. Thanks!

Screen Saver disable.

I have not worked with the PV1000 but I have with others and I think the PV1000 will operate the same. If you select the PLC to make screen changes it will bring the PV out of the screen saver mode when the PLC makes a screen change.
Just program your event to command a PV screen change.

Roger

Out of Screen Saver Mode

It has been a couple of years since I worked on Panelviews. There is a way to change the Panelview screen being displayed by setting a number in an integer file and sending it to the panleview. You simply use a move statement to transfer the screen number to the correct integer file, based on the event that happens. We used to use this function to call up alarm screens, based on what machine went down. If the filler went down, we would call screen 1. Cartoner goes down, call screen 2... etc. That way if the line goes down the panelview is sitting on the screen that the operators need at that moment in time.

First you create a blank screen to use as the wakeup screen. Then when your event happens you first change to the blank screen, then to the screen number that you want displayed. You use a blank screen so that the operators only see the correct screen pop up. If you call an already used screen, then you will get complaints that "Everytime this event happens, the panelview goes to antoher screen before I get the right one."

I am sorry that I don't remeber the exact procedure, but it has been a while. I also think that this ability of screen number control from the PLC can be turned on or off in the panelview setup.

I hope this helps. Maybe someone else can build on this, too.

Another tip with the screen control is that the if the tags value is anything other than 0, then the PLC has control, but if the tags value is 0, then the PV has control of screen changes (allowing you to still use GOTO buttons in the PV).

In other words, what you want to do is write the value to the screen change tag, wait for the screen change, then write a zero to the screen change tag.

Have fun!

In other words, what you want to do is write the value to the screen change tag, wait for the screen change, then write a zero to the screen change tag.

I use SYMBOLS to label the addresses in the N file for the Currently displayed screen and the PLC requested screen as SCREEN_DISP and SCREEN_REQ respectively. Then I put the following line in my program

-+-- EQU ----------+-----[OSR]-------------------+--MOV--------+---
| SCREEN_REQ | | 0 |
| SCREEN_DISP | | SCREEN_REQ |
+-----------------+ +-------------+

So, whenever you use the PLC to request a screen change, and the screen actually comes up, this rung will plop a zero into the screen request register so your programmed screen goto buttons still work for the operator.

Re: Screen Saver disable.

Does anyone know of a way to bring a PanelView out of a screen saver mode other than using a finger?
rogerhollingsworth said:
I have not worked with the PV1000 but I have with others and I think the PV1000 will operate the same. If you select the PLC to make screen changes it will bring the PV out of the screen saver mode when the PLC makes a screen change.
Just program your event to command a PV screen change.

Roger

What I have told you will do what you requested. You should also follow the other tips on keeping your "GOTO" screen buttons functioning. If you have a problem with the logic, post and I will assist.
Roger