You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 10th, 2018, 06:33 AM   #1
Usama_maqsod
Pakistan

Factory Talk view License Ownership change

what if i transfer the Factory Talk view License Ownership to my client's name whether i have to reinstall the factory talk view software??

Please someone can explain?
Old March 10th, 2018, 12:40 PM   #2
daba
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United Kingdom

When you "transfer ownership" it just changes the records at RA.

Your client can then either....

1. Take ownership of the activation, by re-hosting to their PC, and setting it up as an "activation server". You will then be able to "borrow" the activation while you are on your client's site.

2. Take ownership of the activation, by re-hosting to an "activation dongle" (purchase necessary). The dongle can then be used to activate any single PC to legally run one instance of the software.

3. Let you keep the activation on your PC. Wise to get it in writing that they are letting you use the activation.

You won't need to re-install any software packages, everything is done through FactoryTalk Activation Manager.

Please note that 1 Activation will only allow 1 software package to be activated at any one time to abide by the rules.
abtrain@tiscali.co.uk
www.abtrain.co.uk
tel: 07506 73 9999
nil illegitimi carborundem

Old March 13th, 2018, 02:50 AM   #3
Usama_maqsod
Pakistan

Thank You very much for your kind support,I will let you/other members know after completing the tasks.......
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum