Modicon 984 and Proworx NxT and Drum function

AllenBOC

I'm looking for knowledgeable advice.

We're experienced PLC programmers, and have had a quick problem thrown at us. I've never used a Modicon 984 before. There's an existing 984 PLC that has a dryer sequence programmed, but I'd call it partially programmed, all manual valve changes. We'd like to automate it, and expected to use a DRUM timer to do it.

I bought Proworx NxT, full version, since that's what the previous (not available) person used. It does not support DRUM !? We've heard that there is a loadable feature drum.usl, or something, that can add this feature. Is it available somewhere? What's the cost? Free?

Other clever suggestions?

Allen

All processors are not equal

What family are you using?

The 984 Ladder Logic DRUM command is not available in either the Modicon Micro (110CPUxxxx) nor the Quantum (140CPUxxxx) families of controllers. For these controllers you should be using the SCIF function instead.