S7-Profibus-Lenze 8200

Krish

Could someone help me setup a 8200 lenze drive to be entirely by profibus on an existing S7...
Krish - started topic September 16th, 2005 at 12:11 PM

Let me retry that question.
Could someone help with the following setup.
I need to control the speed of a with a lenze 8200 inverter with a 2133 DP slave via profibus on a S7 416 2 DP PLC.
My predecessor has configured the profibus DP slave as follows:
DP ID - 114, Order No./designation - PZD(3W)
Having looked at other drives on the system they have a different configuration for the DP slave i.e.:
DP ID - 115, Order No./designation - PAR +PZD(3Worte E/A)and
DP ID - 114, Order No./designation - PAR +PZD(3Worte E
The highlighted parts of the above could well be just the way the german dp configuration is done in their gsd file as this process plant was manufactured in germany.
The lenze inverter,from my kowledge,of them is configured for AIF control using 2 word and 16 bits for control.
Correct me if I am wrong.
1. The slave dp should be configured as all the others for the plc to cycle process and data parameters for the drive.
2. A DB block should be setup for the process and data parameters for the drive.
3. Logic for control of the drive relating to DB block.

Hope someone can help.
Thanx in advance for any assistance.
Krish

Krish

I no absolutely nothing about the lenze drive, but I do no a bit about S7.

My predecessor has configured the profibus DP slave as follows:
DP ID - 114, Order No./designation - PZD(3W)

Is this a new drive going on the existing system or a replacement for a drive already there?

I ask this because you also said:-

Having looked at other drives on the system they have a different configuration for the DP slave i.e.:
DP ID - 115, Order No./designation - PAR +PZD(3Worte E/A)and
DP ID - 114, Order No./designation - PAR +PZD(3Worte E

If you are trying to add another drive to the system you will have to give it a different DP ID address, not 114 or 115 (if these are the only drives on your system).

Apart from that you should be able to copy and paste the logic used to control the existing drives and just change the DP ID address in the logic to the ID that you give the new drive.

Paul

It could look like the old drives were setup as having 3 input words via Profibus.
If that is outputs from the PLC to be inputs on the drive, or vice-versa I dont know.

If you open the hardware config in STEP7, then you can see how many words are assiged as inputs and outputs for the existing drives.
I guess that there must be both outputs words to control the drive, and input words to provide status information.

Probably, you can just select one of the existing drives and copy it to get the new drive.
You must then specify a new Profibus node address, and input and output addresses (if STEP7 doesnt just specify some unused ones for you).

Hi I Just Starting in this forum, but all that info in the GSD file, S7 already supply the i/o addressess??, or the drive its going to be in a new DP?