PLC´s for millitary use

Military equipment of use uses project the same. However the norms are selected and adapted the especifícs.
The identical electronics only buy/mount with components of robust specifications, i.e to militate uses.
It special lot, order.

Any cases get class PLC -TMR Triple Redundance Module

The Navy and some Army amunition loaders run on PLCs. Some jails run on PLCs. As a personal rule I try not to get involved in anything that will keep me awake at night.

Back in the late-1980s GE developed some special I/O for USN Submarine use. Today it is called GE Fanuc Genius I/O.

Old thread but anyway. I'm working with control systems to pitch propellers. We have a few military ships with our pitch propellers and PLC control system.

There are many military applications, and even more in the "support" areas. I shall say no more. Who wants to be a target for terrorist kidnapping?

You will find many U.S military applications being controlled by commercially available PLCs and other industrial control products that have been tested and approved for such use. In efforts to reduce cost (eg $5000 hammer), the military implemented the COTS program "Commercial Off The Shelf" which allows for the use of commercially available products in areas that are not mission critical or tactical. If you take this and apply it to a tank then you would find less areas of application, a tank is very tactical in design and serves a defined purpose. If you apply the COTS program to a carrier or support ship you will find many areas that are not mission critical or tactical.