PCS 7 , FB66 , Motor

Hi all ,
Where i can find the description of each function for i/o in fb66 motor control in PCS7 V8.2( it's locked in my case and F1 not working )
the following picture is taken from Siemens web site
pcs7_faceplatemsgfilter_01.gif

Ok, I had a better look now and the MOTOR block is actually from the APL7.1. The document I linked is for APL8.2 as I assumed that would be the library you would be using.

The link that explains that block is here
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...ownload=true&usg=AOvVaw3WFCZcLyW4xKJpB81_jawc

But the same I said earlier applies... unlike a PLC programming language, you should read up the standard used in the symbology before writing code as it will be harder this way.

Why version 7.1 of APL?

Ok, I had a better look now and the MOTOR block is actually from the APL7.1. The document I linked is for APL8.2 as I assumed that would be the library you would be using.

The link that explains that block is here
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...ownload=true&usg=AOvVaw3WFCZcLyW4xKJpB81_jawc

But the same I said earlier applies... unlike a PLC programming language, you should read up the standard used in the symbology before writing code as it will be harder this way.

Why version 7.1 of APL?

Thanks for the reply

this document is close enough to what i was looking for ( fast look )

i am trying to explore PCS7 on my own throw program given by friend before i decide if i take Siemens course or not ( it will cost me about 13000 local currency and this is a huge huge amount and i have only 1 week before course start )

i think the reason for 7.1 is that the machine was manufactured on 2008 and no updates have taken place since this time

That document should be what you are looking for... if the machine was made in 2008, it is not running PCS7 8.2... if you had said that I would have pointed you to the right place straight away.

Do you know PLC's? Are you planning on working in a place that has PCS7? Are there places with PCS7 where you are now?

That document should be what you are looking for... if the machine was made in 2008, it is not running PCS7 8.2... if you had said that I would have pointed you to the right place straight away.

Do you know PLC's? Are you planning on working in a place that has PCS7? Are there places with PCS7 where you are now?

sorry for not saying that , as my friend told me that the already install V8.2

i have a good knowledge for PLC ( you can say intermediate level) , yes i am planning to work in a place that have PCS7 , at least i have been asked if i deal with DCS system in most of my recently interviews so i am taking the next step , i am in Egypt

If you know PLC's and the investment (paying for the course) will bear fruits (a new job or higher salary) it's definitely worth it.

It's not impossible to learn PCS7 by yourself, and there are plenty of information around to get you there, but I found it particularly hard on some peculiarities around the HMI setup and connection with other systems (particularly their historian).
I would definitely go for it... at a certain point in my career I was definitely planning on doing the same myself.

Do read up about the CFC charts as they are great, but require some knowledge on how to run logic. Usually you'd put your code in OB1 and that is it.
With PCS7, none or very little code, goes into OB1 and everything goes into the timed OB's. This creates some problems with the logic if you are not aware of it.

Good luck with the course and your job prospects too. ;)