Sending data from DSE 8610 Power sharing Module to PC

IdealDan

Hi Friends,

I want to Integrate data from a DSE 8610 Power sharing Module onto a PC via Modbus.

Which amongst the two methods below is better?
1. to take data to PLC first via Modbus, then integrate from PLC to PC
2. From DSE 8610 Energy Module straight to SCADA?

Thanks in advance.

This will depend on your application. If the information in the DSE 8610 is need in the PLC then use the PLC to pole the DSE 8610.
If information is not required for the PLC to operate, I would then go directly into the PC.
Regards,

This will depend on your application. If the information in the DSE 8610 is need in the PLC then use the PLC to pole the DSE 8610.
If information is not required for the PLC to operate, I would then go directly into the PC.
Regards,
Thanks for responding,
If I can pull straight to PC, there is no other need for PLC.
MY QUESTION WILL BE:

Which software can achieve this for me without additional Module? OR do I need a modbus card for this?

It looks like the DSE 8610 can communicate Modbus RTU (Serial RS232 or RS485) or Modbus TCP (Ethernet)
I would look at Modbus TCP with the PC running a program like AdvancedHMI.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/
This is free software that will run in visual studio. It is opened source and is written in VB.net.
Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

It looks like the DSE 8610 can communicate Modbus RTU (Serial RS232 or RS485) or Modbus TCP (Ethernet)
I would look at Modbus TCP with the PC running a program like AdvancedHMI.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/
This is free software that will run in visual studio. It is opened source and is written in VB.net.
Hope this helps you out.
Regards,
It Has Modbus RTU, no Modbus TCP,

Can AdvancedHMI work in this regard?

If YES, is there additional Hardware to make it work?

Thanks in advance