1794-AENT I.P Address

pauly

I have a 1794-AENT module that needs to have the i.p address of 150.1.40.55 I managed to set the address with the BootP utility and set my test Controllogix ENBT card to 150.1.40.60.I am able to ping the AENT module but when I download the configutation to the L61 controller there is a #16 0204 error and a yellow triangle on the AENT when I browse online. I changed the ENBT address to 192.168.1.10 and the AENT to 192.168.1.11 (11 on the rotary switch)and I can now see the AENT in the configuration without any errors and communicating. Does anybody have any ideas why there should be this issue with setting the i.p address?

Leave the switch alone at 999. Connect only your laptop & and AENT, disable wireless. use Bootp to set your address, and do not forget to save it afterwards. Reset power and re-ping to check.

Did you disable bootp on the aent after you set the IP? If not it will revert back to looking for a bootp server on power up whereas setting the switch to a number enforces that ip. To reset set dips to 888 cycle power then to 999 and cycle power. Use bootp to set up address and once the relationship shows in the bottom window highlight it and select Disable bootp.

I disabled Bootp. The AENT had the address set to it as I could ping it. With the 150... Address it would not communicate. Set the dips to 888, set the thumb wheel and that was the only way I could get it to communicate

Just playing devils advocate but are you sure it was the aent responding to your ping? Possibly another device on network already assigned 150?

I'm sure it was the AENT. Only that, the plc and my laptop connected. I'm bench testing the panel. I am at a bit of a loss as to why the the plc can't communicate but I can ping it and see it on Rslinx

I'm sure it was the AENT. Only that, the plc and my laptop connected. I'm bench testing the panel. I am at a bit of a loss as to why the the plc can't communicate but I can ping it and see it on Rslinx

You said the PLC begin connecting when you changed the to a private IP.This means that the 192.168.1.xxx addresses that you set match the existing PLC config. If you need devices to talk on the 150.x.x.x subnet then you will have to change the addresses in the PLC program also.

You said the PLC begin connecting when you changed the to a private IP.This means that the 192.168.1.xxx addresses that you set match the existing PLC config. If you need devices to talk on the 150.x.x.x subnet then you will have to change the addresses in the PLC program also.

Post #1, he did that: "and set my test Controllogix ENBT card to 150.1.40.60"

It does bring to question what exactly the OP changed when trying to get the 150.x.x.x working. You would need to change:

AENT to 150.x.x.x via Bootp and disable Bootp
ENBT to 150.x.x.x via Bootp or if already with an IP via CLX online in the network tab
Laptop to 150.x.x.x to go online with ENBT afterwards and for RSLinx

Offline in project, change AENT IP address in Module Properties to 150.x.x.x
Offline in project, change ENBT IP address in Module Properties to 150.x.x.x

Download new program with the two IP Changes

Go to ENBT Network tab and make sure IP matches Module configuration tab and Bootp disabled

That would be the most thorough course of action to insure communications.

Can the subnet be set on the AENT? If so how?
Thanks

Once you have an IP address and you can see it in RSLinx you can right click on the module and configure the network. (Personally this is the easiest way to change IP addresses, don't forget to power cycle.)