Unlimited Pulse Output

Blevine

Hi,

Aside from using the system bits like %S5, %S6 etc in SoMachine basic, are there any other ways to generate an unlimited amount of pulse that will trigger my Read_Var FB continuously?

Could someone show me the ladder diagram?

Thanks,
Blevine

Something like this: (Behold my wonderful ASCII ladder!)

myTON.Q
-|/|-----------------------[myTON]

myTON.Q
-| |---------(fbRead_VAR.TRIGGER)

Last edited:
I sent you an image over PM after following your diagram, but it seems like I can't make it trigger my ReadVar.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Blevine

Hi,

Aside from using the system bits like %S5, %S6 etc in SoMachine basic, are there any other ways to generate an unlimited amount of pulse that will trigger my Read_Var FB continuously?

Could someone show me the ladder diagram?

Thanks,
Blevine

I don't use SoMachine but do use Unity Pro, for Read_Var and i presume the instruction is similar so if it is you are going to want to check the Read_Var has actually successfully and the data is read and is complete using the status bits before you try and read it again or a whole heap of trouble will be met !

Hi,

Thanks for your response. My READ_VAR is working perfectly fine whilst using system bit %S5 and %S6. However, I'd need a lot of these READ_VAR and I can't seem to reuse these system bits. I'm looking for alternatives to generate a rising edge or pulse to trigger my READ_VAR.

Blevine

Hi,

Thanks for your response. My READ_VAR is working perfectly fine whilst using system bit %S5 and %S6. However, I'd need a lot of these READ_VAR and I can't seem to reuse these system bits. I'm looking for alternatives to generate a rising edge or pulse to trigger my READ_VAR.

Blevine

I'm sure it is, until one of the slaves doesn't respond, turn one of your slaves off and see what happens.