Linx printers

treellama

I've been told I need to set up communications between a few Linx 7300 printers and our PLC over Ethernet. The printers were provided by our customer. Anybody do this before?

I found a document for their "RPC" protocol online, but it's not complete. For example, they don't list a port to use to connect a socket. I scanned for open ports and found only one, and I was able to connect a socket to it, but I don't get any response when I try to send a message. I've been working in visual studio for now, I figure if I can make that work then I can port it to TiaPortal

I'm hoping someone here has fought with these before and either has some more documentation than I could google, or at least tell me it's impossible.

The RCI-08 000 communication manual, literally the first google result, tells you the port is 29043 in chapter 1.4.2

The entire comms protocol is pretty straight forward. Better to start on it in TIA cuz the data handling is very different, you'll spend enough time figuring that part out even after you get it to work in VS.

Thanks Jeebs.

I swear I googled and googled and never found that particular version of the manual. 29043 is the correct port, it responds as expected now. I think I'll take your advice, as soon as I get the PLC in I'll do the rest of my testing in TiaPortal.