Slow Excel Spread Sheet & FT SE SLC5/05

Watsonator

I have a issue with one PLC that takes much time to response to excel through DDE and on FactoryTalk Site Edition Local.

I have already tried and installed a direct Ethernet to PC (w/ a switch), new PLC, new PC, and the issues still exist. Response time is 6-8 seconds. This is a unit that requires a tight feedback loop from operator to machine due to the drying/burining operations. When coming online daily, post CIP (Clean in place).

I have even set up a lab in my office to try and fix. Used a Test_bit (AFI) to eliminate all JSRs, comms servicing (S:33/5) helped save 2 seconds from FT SE response. I have the latest firmware. Still the operation is sloooowww. I can witness the packet rate increment at ~5 per seconds both up and down. I am currently connected via serial to increase my response but, COM'ON!:cry:TechConnect don't know neither, been on the phone with them for hour on end.

Any ideas could be helpful.

What is the Ethernet Link Speed? Some of the older 5/05s only support 10mb half duplex and that can create havoc for devices on the network set up for auto-configure.

Also how many addresses are you polling and are they scattered or in orderly continuous blocks?

Welcome to the forum.

what hmi / scada devices are connected to your plc?
it could be that the polling times for the items on the screen from these devices are set to .1 seconds for example when they could be set to 1 second with no issue because the screens are not used that often.
also, if you are using an unmanaged switch to connect several devices to this plc can also create issues. we always use managed switches.
james

FT SE 10 is 'Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)'

Switches are Extreme Networks fully managed

How is poll times adjusted?>